Saturday, April 7, 2007

a few random pics from the last few years

Blues Festival, somewhere near indiana... 2006
"Jack's Money"- My acoustic duo, this was in kalamazoo at "Harvey's on the Mall"
Frankie B, myself and Mr. Eddy Lester- my blues brothers. These guys are top notch musicians. Every time we perform, there is no prep- the whole night is on the fly, yet it seems as though we've practiced together for years. Good stuff.
Old pic of the rock band- I'm the dude with the fro in the background hehe. Wedding gigs are great- 8 songs for a thousand bucks? Yes please.
And "Mr. Wonderfuls" -2005
This is a very historical basement blues bar in kzoo. The place stinks of nicotine and old beer, but everybody who is anybody has jammed here. The bass player in the pic, Robin Merideth, did work with the Rolling Stones. He is amazing. Jamming at this bar on a weekly basis was an awesome learning experience for me. I'll never forget that place, and I try to go back whenever I'm in the area.

2 comments:

D. Leek said...

I've got a really good friend who lives in K-zoo-- I hope you'll send me an e-mail the next time you play. I'd love to check out your band.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.