Thursday, April 26, 2007

It's been a little bit...

So things are starting to get back to normal. My life sorta stopped for a couple weeks as I lost a close family member. My grandfather was a proud man, and he was proud of his grandson. I always thought he would be around forever. He will be greatly missed. I did play a great show last friday though, in my own mind, it was dedicated to him. When emotions come in, better music always comes out. That's how "I roll" so to speak.


Right now, I'm very excited that school is done for the semester. The last week or two has been insane with studying and rehearsals. I'm still in kalamazoo all the time. Nothing too new at the moment, just prep work for a big show with some western people. I still have about 40 songs to learn, it's gonna be close! I should be off to chicago a week from next monday for some blues jamming. I can't wait!


Here is something that I have to add. I strongly dislike booking agents :) I lost two gigs recently and compromised a good ongoing relationship with a certain establishment due to the lack of communication on my agent's behalf. I never claim to be a genius, but I would think that if a band was hired to play a certain night at a certain time... I would need to be informed right? Also when bands don't show up, the owners get angry. Needless to say, this guy is out of the picture.. which is also a good thing because now I don't have the pay 25% for someone to make a phone call (or not make in this case...)


okay, back to work.


oh yeah, I found my old rock-star picture. Laugh away :)

No comments: