Sunday, April 1, 2007

One more down, ____ more to go.

Well, my contract with Western Michigan is now officially finished :) It was a fun run these last few weeks playing there. The last show this afternoon went very well- all the actors/actesses and bandmates gave it their best, so we sounded great. Driving home was a good feeling, no more commuting every night. I finally get to go out and buy some actual groceries for a change, catch up on school stuff, and best of all get a good night sleep in my own bed.

So what is coming up... I'll do a couple blues gigs (maybe three) this week, then I'll have a weekend off to catch up with some friends and whatnot. Now that I'm not tied up with Western I can start playing with a couple old bands I've been in for a while. That is what I enjoy the most because I get to play what I want and really put some feeling into it. Reading music for shows is pretty much like being programmed by somebody- it gets a little boring after a while. I also was graced with some discs for an upcoming gig in May- I have 45 songs to learn!

Also, more excitement this week...
not music related, but hopefully I'll get it up to GR by the end of the week, I hope joyous michigan doesn't provide any snow....

No comments: